Support Groups are offered by the Resource Center for Accessible Living, Inc. RCAL Support Groups are welcoming, accessible and a safe place to share positive and negative feelings.
Our facilitators will assist you in:
- Maintaining a positive attitude.
- Identifying and using various resources for your well-being.
- Learning ways of dealing with feelings and emotions.
- Developing effective coping skills and adaptive behaviors.
- Enhancing your self-esteem.
- Helping yourself and helping others.
We offer the following Support Groups:
- Amputee (Limb Loss of the Hudson Valley) – last Monday of each month at 6:00 pm. Hal Grunenwald & John Vacca, Facilitators
- Autism Social Skills – every Saturday from 10:00am-11:30 a.m. Leah Gherardi, Facilitator
- Hands on Communication: Sign Language – 2nd and 4th Wednesdays each month, starting at 6:30 p.m. Gene Nettle & Lolli Edinger, Facilitators
- Traumatic Brain Injury – 2nd Monday of each month at 3:30 p.m. Josephine Todaro, Facilitator
All Support Groups are held at RCAL, unless specified otherwise. For more information on support groups or to register, please contact RCAL at (845) 331-0541.
Click for driving instructions.
“All things are ready, if our minds be so.” ~ William Shakespeare, from Henry V